Thursday, March 24, 2005

Paradise Found

It’s one of the truly beautiful days in Wilmington. The sky is baby-blue, what I believe is known as Carolina blue. I haven’t researched the origin of the term- I suppose in the age of Google it’s only congenital laziness which keeps me from doing so.

I never knew while living up in Vermont the positive effect sun and blue sky could have upon you. It’s quite a buzz. I’ve long felt that your local climate influences your attitude and outlook more deeply than anyone wants to admit. I wonder how quickly it marks you, how long it follows you around, like an accent? Rather than north and south, city and country, perhaps we should categorize folks meteorologically: 4 season vs. perpetual summer, wet vs. dry, overcast vs. clear?

Well, the most exceptional thing about this beautiful day in Wilmington is its utter commonness, particularly in contrast to the days of my former life in the Great Frozen North. Great day to be alive, and should be a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home