Thursday, April 28, 2005

Music In A Land Of Yellow Death

The true allergy season has inserted it's eagle claw fishooks in the sinuses of the faithful. Well, in my sinuses at least. I usually do just fine through the magic of a single claritin-D 12 hour a day, but for two weeks in the spring, the pain comes down. I'm not sure what gets me. Two weeks after the Dogwoods and Pines paint the town yellow with their clouds of vegetable love, the air is clear and I want to stick a plumbing snake up my nose.

This year's agony happens to coincide with a rather busy music week. I'll be covering Laura's seat at the Wednesday night Music at Water street. Hopefully I'll get Mr. T to help me out. Next Friday I'll be in a songwriter's showcase at WHQR. It hasn't been my most fruitful season. I hope I can measure up. And next Saturday is the much anticipated Airlie Arts festival appearance. All with post-nasal drip on vocals! Yeah boy! Don't get much better than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home