Thursday, May 19, 2005

Reports of My Demise...

Been a while since I've put anything into the ole blog. I've certainly had plenty to write about, but the drive has been lacking. Short list:

  • Judicial Nominations: Frist finally grows a pair! Now proceeding to gut-churning slowmo period of talk and potential backslide until first vote, after which everything supposedly becomes clear and moves faster.
  • Music: I'm at sea. The thing I need to do is offer Dead Man's Shoes services to various local establishments. Thinking about it makes me want to go to bed. Nothing else is calling either. I plowed the Arts Festival proceeds into a rather fine compact mixer, A Mackie 1202-VLZ. I feel good that it's a sturdy, pro-level tool, like a Shure mic say. Finding the time and place to use it... well, that's mixed into the whole ambivalence mentioned above.
  • maintenance: The yard's a wreck. The house too. Dustin's graduations and attendant houseguests bearing down upon us. Did I mention wanting a nap?

Inspiring stuff, I know. Two weeks from Babydoll's new job as Activities Director for a brand new nursing home (Skilled Nursing Facility?). Don't know how much typing I'll get to in the next couple weeks, but here's a toe in the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home